This appliance is for household use only.
• Remove all packing material and stickers from the product.
• Remove and save literature.
• Wash and dry all removable parts as instructed in CAREANDCLEANING section
of this manual.
• Place appliance on a flat, stable surface.
1. Measure desired amount of rice to be cooked using rice measure provided; do not use
1-cup measuring cup. (The rice measure provided holds 2/3-cup uncooked rice ‒
about 5 oz. or 150 grams.) This rice cooker can cook up to 1
⁄2 measures of rice and
yield a maximum of about 3 cups of cooked rice.
2. Place rice in the cooking bowl.
3. Using the water level markings on the inside of the cooking bowl as a guide, add
amount of water that matches the amount of rice to be cooked. For example,
if preparing 1 measure of rice, add water to the 1-cup water level mark. Adding too
much water may cause the appliance to boil over.
4. Add butter, oil and desired seasonings.
Note: The first time you prepare rice, use the handy RICE COOKING CHART on page 6.
For softer, fluffy rice, add a little more water; for rice that is more firm and has a firmer
texture, add a little less water.
5. Before placing cooking bowl into rice cooker, be sure the heating plate and outside
surface of the cooking bowl are clean and dry. Avoid having rice kernels or other
ingredients fall into the rice cooker.
6. Insert cooking bowl into rice cooker.
7. Place glass lid on the cooking bowl. For best results always keep glass lid on while
Important:As rice cooks, steam will escape through vent in lid. Place glass lid on rice
cooker so steam vent is facing away from cabinets and walls. Do not place hand over
steam vent while rice is cooking; the hot steam may burn.
8. Uncoil cord and plug into standard electrical outlet. The KEEP WARM indicator light
9. Press down the ON switch. The COOK indicator light comes on and cooking begins.
10. When rice is cooked, the COOK indicator light shuts off, the switch pops up and
the rice cooker automatically switches to the KEEP WARM function. The KEEP WARM
indicator light will stay on until the appliance is unplugged.
Note: Do not try to stop the rice cooker from switching to the KEEP WARM mode. Do not
try to press the ON switch once the KEEP WARM cycle has begun.
11. For best results, let the cooked rice rest for 15 minutes, covered, to further steam the
rice. If holding cooked rice longer than 30 minutes, stir rice occasionally to prevent
browning of rice on the bottom of the cook bowl.
12. Just before serving, remove lid and fluff rice. Use serving scoop provided with
appliance to prevent damage to nonstick surface of the cooking bowl.