For Service Dial Our Toll Free Number:
U.S.: 1-800-528-9131 Canada: 1-800-654-4736
1. Open your garage door and park your vehicle outside of garage.
2. Determine the mounting location on the ceiling and fasten the
parking assist using screw and anchor (Figure 1).
3. Depress tabs under the wires and temporarily remove the white
and white/black safety sensor wires from the garage door opener.
4. Stripping the wires prior to installation:
Installing one parking assist: Separate white and white/black
wires and strip 7/16" (11 mm) of insulation from parking assist
Installing two parking assists: Cut 6" (15 cm) of wires from the
end of one set of parking assist wires for use as connection
wires. Separate white and white/black wires and strip 7/16"
(11 mm) of insulation from both ends of connection wire.
5. Connecting the wires to garage door opener:
Installing one parking assist: Twist like colored wires for
parking assist and safety sensors together. Insert twisted wires
into quick-connect holes: white to white and white/black to grey
Installing two parking assists: Separate white and white/black
wires and strip 7/16" (11 mm) of insulation from the end of
parking assist wires. Twist like colored wires for parking assists,
safety sensors and connection wire together. Secure with wire
nut. Insert connection wires into quick-connect holes: white to
white and white/black to grey (Figure 3).*
* Please refer to your garage door opener owner’s manual for
proper wire installation.
SET UP AND ADJUSTMENT
1. Drive your vehicle into garage and park in the desired location.
2. Activate the parking assist by obstructing the path of the safety
sensors. The laser will emit a pulsing bright red beam (Figure 4).
Aim the red beam to a location on the dash or hood that can
easily be seen while seated in the driver’s seat.
NOTE: The laser will shut off in 1 minute. If you are not finished
adjusting the beam and it turns off, simply obstruct the path of the
3. Sit in the driver’s seat and confirm that you can easily see the
location of the red beam. This location is now your point of
reference for parking your vehicle.CAUTION: Do not stare
directly into the beam. Repeat steps for installation on optional
2nd laser accessory kit.
NOTE: Periodic adjustment of the beam may be required.
1. Open the garage door by activating the garage door opener and
drive your vehicle into parking space.
2. The red beam can be seen moving across the hood of your
vehicle as you drive further into the garage (Figure 4).
3. Stop the vehicle when the beam is positioned at the location you
confirmed in step 3 during SET UP AND ADJUSTMENT.
NOTE: The laser is activated every time you drive into your garage.
The laser will shut off in 1 minute. A residual reflection of the red
beam from the windshield may appear on walls or objects in your
garage. When operating a vehicle, always ensure that there are no
objects on the floor of the garage or in the path of your vehicle. The
parking assist is not a substitute for safe parking practices.
If the laser does not emit a beam:
• Verify nothing is obstructing the safety sensors.
• Verify nothing is blocking the parking assist lens.
• Verify that connections are not reversed.
• Verify that all connections are secure.
• Confirm that the parking assist is aimed toward the garage floor.
• Obstruct the path of the safety sensors and look for the red spot
on the garage floor.
Please refer to your owner’s manual for additional information on
your garage door opener and the safety sensors.