IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following:
WARNING-To reduce the risk of burns, electric shock, fire, injury to persons or exposure to excessive
1. Read all instructions before using the appliance.
2. Read and follow the specific “PRECAUTIONS TO
AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO
EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY” found on
3. This appliance must be grounded. To ensure
continued protection against shock hazard,
connect only to properly grounded outlet.
See “GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS” found on
4. Install or locate this appliance only in accordance
with the provided installation instructions.
5. Some products such as whole eggs and sealed
containers - for example, closed glass jars-may
explode and should not be heated in this oven.
Use this appliance only for its intended use as
described in this manual. Do not use corrosive
chemicals or vapors in this appliance. This type of oven
is specifically designed to heat, cook, or dry food. It is
not designed for industrial or laboratory use.
7. As with any appliance, close supervision is
necessary when used by children.
8. Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged
cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has
been damaged or dropped.
9. This appliance should be serviced only by
qualified service personnel.
Contact nearest authorized service facility for
examination, repair or adjustment.
10. Do not cover or block any openings on the
11. Do not store this appliance outdoors. Do not use
this product near water — for example, near a
kitchen sink, in a wet basement, or near a
swimming pool, and the like.
12. Do not immerse cord or plug in water.
13. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
14. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or
a) When cleaning surfaces of door and oven
that comes together on closing the door, use
only mild, non-abrasive soaps or detergents
applied with a sponge or soft cloth , or
b) When separate cleaning instructions are
provided, See door surface cleaning
instructions on (page.17).
16. To reduce the risk of fire in the oven cavity:
a) Do not overcook food. Carefully attend
appliance if paper, plastic, or other com-
bustible materials are placed inside the oven
to facilitate cooking.
b) Remove wire twist-ties from paper or plastic
bags before placing bag in oven.
c) If materials inside the oven should ignite,
keep oven door closed, turn oven off, and
disconnect the power cord, or shut off power
at the fuse or circuit breaker panel.
d) Do not use the cavity for storage purposes.
Do not leave paper products, cooking
utensils, or food in the cavity when not in use.
17. Do not use this microwave oven to heat
corrosive chemicals (for example, sulfides and
chlorides). Vapours from such corrosive
chemicals may interact with the contact and
springs of the safety interlock switches thereby
rendering them inoperable.
18. Keep the waveguide cover clean at all times.
Wipe the oven interior with a soft damp cloth
after each use. If you leave grease or fat
anywhere in the cavity it may overheat, smoke
or even catch fire when next using the oven.
19. Never heat oil or fat for deep frying as you
cannot control the temperature and doing so
may lead to overheating and fire.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
MCD1311ST(¿ )-1B4HOA 01.10.23 5:1 PM ˘`2