1. Read Instructions - All the safety and operating instructions should
be read before the product is operated.
2. Retain instructions - The safety and operating instructions should
be retained for future reference.
3. Heed Warnings - All warnings on the product and in the operating
instructions should be adhered to.
4. Follow Instructions - All operating and use instructions should be
5. Cleaning - Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning.
Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for
6. Attachments - Do not use attachments not recommended by the
product manufacturer as they may cause hazards.
7. Water and Moisture - Do not use this product near water - for
example, near a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub; in
a wet basement, or near a swimming pool; and the like.
8. Accessories - Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand,
tripod, bracket, or table. The product may fall, causing serious injury
to a child or adult, and serious damage to the product. Use only with
a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table recommended by the
manufacturer, or sold with the product. Any mounting of the product
should follow the manufacturer’s instructions, and should use a
mounting accessory recommended by the
9. A product and cart combination should be
moved with care. Quick stops, excessive
force, and uneven surfaces may cause the
product and cart combination to overturn.
10. Ventilation - Slots and openings in the
cabinet are provided for ventilation and to
ensure reliable operation of the product
and to protect it from overheating, and
these openings must not be blocked or covered. The openings
should never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug,
or other similar surface. This product should not be placed in a
built-in installation such as a bookcase or rack unless proper
ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s instructions have been
11. Power Sources - This product should be operated only from the
type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are not
sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your product
dealer or local power company. For products intended to operate
from battery power, or other sources, refer to the operating
12. Grounding or Polarization - This product may be equipped with a
polarized alternating-current line plug (a plug having one blade
wider than the other). This plug will fit into the power outlet only one
way. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug
fully into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug should still fail
to fit, contact your electrician to replae your obsolete outlet. Do not
defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.
Alternate Warnings - This product is equipped with a three-wire
grounding-type plug, a plug having a third(grounding) pin. This plug
will only fit into a grounding-type power outlet. this is a safety
feature. If you are unable to insert the plug into the outlet, contact
your electrician to replace your obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the
safety purpose of the gronding-type plug.
13. Power-Cord Protection - Power-supply cords should be routed so
that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed
upon or against them, paying particular attention to cords at plugs,
convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the
14. Outdoor Antenna Grounding - If an outside antenna or cable
system is connected to the product, be sure the antenna or cable
system is grounded so as to provide some protection against
voltage surges and built-up static charges. Article 810 of the
National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70, provides information with
regard to proper grounding of the mast and supporting structure,
grounding of the lead-in wire to an antenna discharge unit, size of
grounding conductors, location of antenna-discharge unit,
connection to grounding electrodes, and requirements for the
grounding electrode. See Figure 1.
15. Lightning - For added protection for this product during a lightning
storm, or when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of
time, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna or
cable system. This will prevent damage to the product due to
lightning and power-line surges.
16. Power Lines - An outside antenna system should not be located in
the vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric light or power
circuits, or where it can fall into such power lines or circuits. When
installing an outside antenna system, extreme care should be taken
to keep from touching such power lines or circuits as contact with
them might be fatal.
17. Overloading - Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords, or
integral convenience receptacles as this can result in a risk of fire
or electric shock.
18. Object and Liquid Entry - Never push objects of any kind into this
product through openings as they may touch dangerous voltage
points or short-out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock.
Never spill liquid of any kind on the product.
19. Servicing - Do not attempt to service this product yourself as
opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage
or other hazards. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
20. Damage Requiring Service - Unplug this product form the wall
outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the
a) When the power-supply cord or plug is damaged,
b) If liquid has been spilled, or objects have fallen into the
c) If the product has been exposed to rain or water,
d) If the product does not operate normally by following the
operating instructions. Adjust only those controls that are
covered by the operating instructions as an improper
adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will
often require extensive work by a qualified technician to
restore the product to its normal operation.
e) If the product has been dropped or damaged in any way, and
f) When the product exhibits a distinct change in performance -
this indicates a need for service.
21. Replacement Parts - When replacement parts are required, be
sure the service technician has used replacement parts specified
by the manufacturer or have the same characteristics as the
original part. Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electric
shock, or other hazards.
22. Safety Check - Upon completion of any service or repairs to this
product, ask the service technician to perform safety checks to
determine that the product is in proper operating condition.
23. Wall or Ceiling Mounting - The product should be mounted to a
wall or ceiling only as recommended by the manufacturer.
24. Heat - The product should be situated away from heat sources
such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other products
(including amplifiers) that produce heat.
PORTABLE CART WARNING
Example of antenna grounding as per
National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70