IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following:
1. Read all instructions before using the appliance.
2. Read and follow the specific “PRECAUTIONS TO
AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE
MICROWAVE ENERGY” found on page 1.
3. This appliance must be grounded. Connect only to
properly grounded outlet.
See “GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS” found on
4. Install or locate this appliance only in accordance
with the provided installation instructions.
5. Some products such as whole eggs and sealed
containers - for example, closed glass jars-may
explode and should not be heated in this oven.
6. Use this appliance only for its intended use
as described in this manual. Do not use corrosive
chemicals or vapors in this appliance. This type of
oven is specifically designed to heat, cook, or dry
food. It is not designed for industrial or laboratory
7. As with any appliance, close supervision is
necessary when used by children.
8. Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged
cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has
been damaged or dropped.
9. This appliance should be serviced only by qualified
Contact nearest authorized service facility for
examination, repair or adjustment.
10. Do not cover or block any openings on the
11. Do not store this appliance outdoors. Do not use
this product near water — for example, near a
kitchen sink, in a wet basement, or near a
swimming pool, and the like.
12. Do not immerse cord or plug in water.
13. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
14. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or
a) When cleaning surfaces of door and oven that
comes together on closing the door, use only
mild, non-abrasive soaps or detergents applied
with a sponge or soft cloth , or
b) When separate cleaning instructions are
provided, See door surface cleaning
instructions on (page 17).
16. To reduce the risk of fire in the oven cavity:
a) Do not overcook food. Carefully attend
appliance if paper, plastic, or other com-
bustible materials are placed inside the oven to
b) Remove wire twist-ties from paper or plastic
bags before placing bag in oven.
c) If materials inside the oven should ignite, keep
oven door closed, turn oven off, and
disconnect the power cord, or shut off power at
the fuse or circuit breaker panel.
d) Do not use the cavity for storage purposes. Do
not leave paper products, cooking utensils, or
food in the cavity when not in use.
17. Do not use this microwave oven to heat corrosive
chemicals (for example, sulfides and chlorides).
Vapours from such corrosive chemicals may
interact with the contact and springs of the safety
interlock switches thereby rendering them
18. Keep the waveguide cover clean at all times.
Wipe the oven interior with a soft damp cloth after
each use. If you leave grease or fat anywhere in
the cavity it may overheat, smoke or even catch
fire when next using the oven.
19. Never heat oil or fat for deep frying as you cannot
control the temperature and doing so may lead to
overheating and fire.
20. This device is to be serviced only by properly
qualified service personnel. Consult the service
manual for proper service procedures to assure
continued compliance with the federal
performance standard for microwave ovens and
for precautions to be taken to avoid possible
exposure to excessive microwave energy.
WARNING - To reduce the risk of burns, electric shock, fire, injury to persons or exposure to
excessive microwave energy:
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
MCD1311W(¿ )-131G2A-… `⁄ 01.9.11 7:5 PM ˘`2