When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be
followed including the following:
1. Read all instructions.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plugs, or
appliance (except pan) in water or other liquid.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near
5. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool
before putting on or taking off parts.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the
appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner.
Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for
examination, repair, or adjustment.
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may cause injuries.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
11. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil
or other hot liquids.
12. Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord into the wall outlet. To
disconnect, turn any control to "off", then remove plug from wall outlet.
13. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
14. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This product is intended for household use.
A. A short power-supply cord (or cord set) is provided to reduce the hazards
resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
B. Longer cord set or extension cords are available and may be used if care is
exercised in their use.
C. If a long cord set or extension cord is used,
(1) the marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be
at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
(2) if the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a
grounding-type three-wire cord, and
(3) the longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the
countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped
This appliance has a polarized plug: (one blade is wider than the other).
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized
outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug.
If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the
plug in any way.
SR-TEG18-EN.indd Sec1:2SR-TEG18-EN.indd Sec1:2 9/19/06 2:39:18 PM9/19/06 2:39:18 PM